All County Home Care & Hospice considers volunteers as integral members of the team. They provide both physical and emotional assistance to our clients to make their lives comfortable. We have available hospice volunteers who can help every patient and the family members with their various needs. They can visit the homes of the clients, talk and listen to them, and be there for support.
Some specific activities that our volunteers can help you with include:
- Providing assistance with light housework
- Offering assistance with yard work
- Encouraging lively conversations
- Writing letters and recording memoirs
- Reading books
- Reminiscing joyful memories of the past
- Assisting with medication reminders (does not include administering medications)
Additionally, bereavement support along with the following can also be provided by our hospice volunteers:
- Be available during the bereavement period to listen to the grieving family members
- Attend the memorial service or funeral
- Render emotional support
In order to deploy hospice volunteers who understand their responsibilities well and who aim to do their duties eagerly, we make sure to provide them with the right hospice work training. Such training will prepare them for the challenges and rewards of becoming a volunteer in this field. At the same time, we want them to carry the values and principles that All County Home Care & Hospice looks up to for the delivery of our care services.
Requesting for a hospice volunteer is entirely optional but recommended. If you wish to take advantage of this service, we will be assigning the most suitable volunteer based on your schedule and needs. Kindly give us a call at 830-331-1291 to request for a hospice volunteer.
For Interested Volunteers
Do you wish to become a volunteer for our hospice patients? We would love to have additional caring individuals for families in need. If you have further queries about our volunteer program, please call us at 830-331-1291.